MAKING SURE EVERY INDIANA VOTE COUNTS.
Count US IN is the first Indiana-based 501(c)3 non-partisan non-profit and movement whose mission is to uplift the voice of citizens and foster more inclusive and equitable political participation by encouraging a larger, more diverse voter turnout. We seek to educate and empower the community as well as show that our voices matter.
We empower people whose voices are typically suppressed - Black, LatinX, Asian, Native American, women, LGBTQIA+, those who live with a disability, those impacted by incarceration, students, seniors, immigrants, individuals affected by poverty, and members of the working class - this is a labor of love for you. #YourVoiceMatters However you can civically engage, we’re here for YOU!
Honesty, Integrity, Equity, Inclusion
1. To Educate and inform the community how and why it is important to participate in voting, civic engagement and politics
2. To Empower by giving tools to stop voter suppression and increase turnout, by uplifting voices of minorities and marginalized communities, so they have a say in what is happening in their community as well as choose someone who represents the WHOLE community, and by creating professional development and opportunities for the community to get involved in politics and develop skills/talent.
3. To Show We Matter! National conversations often overlook the midwest- especially Indiana. State and local politics often overlook our marginalized communities. It’s time to show that our voices are important and need to be heard in local and national politics!
WHAT WE DO
Making A Difference!
Furthering our cause is the most important goal of our organization. We seek to support, empower, and provide high quality resources to our community in a safe and secure environment. Our success isn’t measured in terms of wealth or profit margin, but by the value we provide to those we serve.
VOTER EDUCATION RESOURCES
COMMUNITY OUTREACH & EDUCATIONAL EVENTS
FOSTERING LARGER & MORE DIVERSE VOTER TURNOUT
RACIAL JUSTICE AND ACCESSIBILITY FELLOWSHIP
Count US Indiana has partnered with Humanity in Action to announce a new Racial Justice and Accessibility fellowship program.
Indiana has been in the bottom 5 states for civic literacy and voter turnout five years in a row, and in 2020 specifically, Hoosiers who are Black, live with a disability, and/or have experienced incarceration were devastated by COVID-19, police brutality, job loss, and lack of access to voting and civic engagement. Despite these obstacles, Hoosiers are still fighting for their voices to be heard via protest, voting, legislative advocacy, community service, and all other means of integrated civic engagement.
This program is designed for those who identify as Black, live with a disability, and/or have been affected by incarceration in the state of Indiana who are determined to boost voter turnout and integrated civic engagement across their communities leading up to future elections.
We highly encourage folks with the following interests or/and skills to apply: grassroots organizers, researchers/academics, creatives, graphic designers, fundraisers, campaigners, and social media gurus.
Written by: Board of Director Greg Williams
"Count US IN has already gained a national following of individuals who have engaged in our virtual training on voting rights, resources, and education. The subsequent five sections, which include significant--yet productive--overlap,describe the tactics that exemplify our early strategy for achieving our overall goal to engage more Hoosiers in the voting process.
The article concludes by summarizing how our organization plans to continue pursuing its objectives."
- Count US IN Candidate ForumSat, Oct 03livestream link coming soonOct 03, 2020, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM EDTlivestream link coming soonLearn who is running for office and what different elected positions do across Indiana! We will get their take on how they will address current pressing issues regarding our healthcare system, criminal justice system, and voter equity if elected.
- Voting Ready: Absentee VotingTue, Sep 08Online
STATEMENT OF SOLIDARITY
“For approximately two weeks, we have seen citizens across Indiana and across the nation join a movement to hold unjust criminal justice systems accountable. For approximately three months, we have seen Black people disproportionately impacted by COVID-19, which has added to the trauma, pain, anguish, and fury many of us feel towards the way our Black siblings have been treated. We are here to assure you that now, more than ever, your voice matters. Pay attention to how your elected officials respond in this time of crisis. Take note of those who act on our collective call to make justice and equity a priority. Take notice of those who silently act against and undermine our efforts. Our community deserves leaders that allow citizens to gather and exercise their freedom of speech without fear of being forcefully silenced. Our community deserves leadership that takes action to make equity a priority. We encourage you to vote and use your activism to fight for accountability and have the leaders you deserve.”
- Jalyn Radziminski, President